The Shaffer Family

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Healthy Food now!

This past week I have been cooking and eating MUCH better, than the past few weeks before. I have been going to the local farmers market and buying all my fruits and veggies (all organic), and then everything else on my grocery list I buy from Whole Foods Market. Luckily there is one just 10 minutes away! My meals have been very healthy, yummy, and have much less meat! I was a little scared that Thomas wouldn't be to happy because he loooves his meat, but he has really liked them! I made fresh fish tacos with homemade salsa, and he loved those. I also made these black bean wraps, which are basically just mashed up black beans, green peppers, cilantro, and a little bit of mayonnaise and lime juice. You spread it on a whole wheat tortilla with a big piece of lettuce! It was reeeeally good! Last night I made chicken stir-fry with organic chicken and tooons of fresh veggies. I made my own honey soy sauce and served it over whole wheat rice!! It was amazingly good!! And I have been laying off the sugar... the only sugar I had all week was a bag of hand made chocolate raisins. I love eating like this! This is how my mom always cooked for our family when I was growing up, and as soon as I got married and realized that Thomas likes "man food", I slowly started cooking differently. Now that I am having a child, I am going to start cooking like this again. Thomas will thank me when we live to be 100. :)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home