The Shaffer Family

Friday, March 4, 2011

Raw food diet and Consignment sale!


For the month of March, Thomas and I are doing a health challenge with our stake. We are supposed to be healthier for 30 days. So we decided last minute to try a raw food diet, and let me tell you- it is KILLING me. We have only been doing it for 4 days. My body is craving anything that is NOT fruits or vegetables. Yesterday I was strong and didn't give into my Taco Bell craving, but today I did :( haha. No big deal, though. We are supposed to have 70% raw food and then the other 30% whatever we want (I imagine it is still supposed to be healthy though, not Taco Bell). I have noticed that it is getting a little bit better each day, though. We also have other goals, like drinking more water (Thomas), exercising (me), etc. I am hoping by the end of March I will have lost my last 10 pounds.




Today we went to a HUGE consignment sale, and it was awesome! There was so much baby stuff, it was hard for me not to buy it all. However, I did buy 12 shirts, 4 pants, 1 pajama, and a swimming suit for Isaac for only $40! They are really cute, and a few haven't even been worn before. I am so happy that we went!! :)




7 Comments:

  • At March 9, 2011 at 11:05 AM , Blogger xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

    You guys are so good!! I have been really bad and not been eating my healthy breakfast/lunch. My California vist got me off that real quick.

     
  • At March 22, 2011 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Breeana said...

    Hi Kara, I don't know if you know or remember me at all, but I wanted to say HOW COOL that you're doing a raw food diet! (I saw your post from Kayla Collins' blog so I clicked on it...)

    I just wanted to suggest getting some raw food "cook"books at the library or check out some raw food blogs. I found a raw food dessert cookbook that had GREAT reviews on Amazon - all raw desserts for your sweet tooth! Anyway... I don't know how into it you guys are, but raw fooders are way into what they do and make some pretty gourmet and good-tasting stuff, and not just fruits and veggies, which is what people think of when they think "raw".

    Anyway... just thought I'd share! I think it's neat that you're doing it! I'd like to do it, too... I'm a bit lazy though being pregnant since I'm hungry all the time. :)

    Chow! (Your little boy is TOO cute!)

     
  • At April 7, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Jordan said...

    Just found your blog! I heard you were doing that raw foods diet. How did it go? Are you happy that it's finally April?! I don't know if could've done that.

    quintonandjordan.blogspot.com

     
  • At March 5, 2020 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Kara said...

    so cute

     
  • At August 9, 2022 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Kara said...

    omg so cute!

     
  • At August 9, 2022 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Kara said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At August 9, 2022 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Kara said...

    the raw food diet was ba

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home