The Shaffer Family

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer 2011


This summer has been fabulous! My brother got married, we went to Utah and California, Thomas' parents came to town for Isaac's birthday, and we are in the process of moving from our 3rd floor apartment to a house! Yipee!

Isaac is almost 14 months old, is growing like a little weed and oh my goodness is SO adorable! He is running all over the place, climbing, and playing. And every few minutes he will take a break from that and just sit quietly on his own to read a book or two. His Aunt Lindsay got him a little blue rocking horse for his birthday, and it is currently his favorite toy. He will sit on it and rock for a few minutes at a time. Sometimes he will stand on it and rock. He is eating very well. He is a healthy boy. I am still nursing him twice a day, but in the process of weaning him. He is a wonderful sleeper and the only thing I can complain about is that I have to literally wrestle him to change his diaper and clothes! Sometimes I feel like he is stronger than me. Ridiculous, I know, but MAN that kid is strong! He LOVES to dance. I play music for him at least an hour each day and he just stands in the living room laughing and dancing. He mainly just bobs up and downs and walks around in circles with his arms in the air. I am so lucky to be his mom. He has the sweetest, most fun personality. He is always happy and laughing. I love just sitting on the floor while he attacks me and pulls my hair and tries to bite my nose all while laughing hysterically. I am very lucky to be his mom.

Thomas is working very hard lately. It is 100+ outside, and he comes home very sweaty. Poor guy. I try to stay indoors all day if I can because it is just way too hot! He is trying to get more sales than usual these next few weeks, so he has been gone pretty much all day. He is such a hard worker! I am very lucky to have a husband that was raised to work hard. I love him so much and appreciate how hard he works for our family. His job is TOUGH and it is often hard for him to get out the door, but he does it anyway. Honestly, I couldn't imagine a harder job. It is physically, mentally, and most of all emotionally draining. He doesn't have a boss, manager, or anyone to answer to and motivate him (other than me :)), which makes it even harder for him to decide to go out to work and stay working. I love him sooo much, and can't wait for him to someday find an easier job.

I have been a bit of a homemaker lately. I have been sewing a lot of things! I have been making burp clothes, baby blankets, a nursing cover, and a car seat cover! (No, I am not pregnant, it is for friends). I am going to make Isaac a nice soft blanket this week. I am also going to be making my own bread again and making my own yogurt. Isaac really likes yogurt, and it is expensive to buy since I only buy organic yogurt. I have also been looking into wheat grinding. I know I can get kind of weird sometimes. :) But whole wheat flour is SO much healthier when it has been freshly ground. It looses most of it's nutrition within 72 hours. I can't wait to move into our new house (we are renting it, not buying) so I can finally get started on our food storage! The house is 2000 square feet, which is much bigger than our apartment, and the rent is almost the same price! We will have a 2 car garage, a back yard, 2 living rooms, 2 dining areas, and 3 bedrooms. I am SO happy that I will not have to lug Isaac and his car seat up 3 flights of stairs in 100 degree weather anymore! There is also a community spray park, pool, and fitness center, so we will have all of the same things we did at our apartment complex. The house is only 3 minutes away from our apartment, so we will be staying in the same ward, and across the street from some friends in the ward. I am so happy that we will be in a house. We are planning on staying in this area for a few years, and I don't know if I could have handled the apartment for that long.

Hopefully I won't wait so long to blog next time! Have a wonderful day! :)



3 Comments:

  • At August 24, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Lyn Shaffer said...

    I LOVE your blog! Lots of exciting things going on in your life! I'm so happy for you! You are such a good wife and mommy! I think Thomas and Isaac are lucky as well! Keep "blogging!" I just love reading all the goings on in the life of your little family!

     
  • At August 24, 2011 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Lyn Shaffer said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At August 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Jordan said...

    I can just hear how much you live that little man! I remember the days of staying in all day in a third floor apartment, dancing and wrestling with Miller! Those were the days. :)
    Btw I have a wheat grinder and love it! Audrey (new in our ward) uses her crazy ninja blender to grind her wheat and other grains (she also does the green smoothie stuff). She makes six loaves of bread every two weeks!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home